Wednesday, March 21, 2007

A Fraction of a Second

So I'm checking some things out on Google. I try using the advanced search. I get search results in less than half a second.

In addition to that, Google advises me that I can save time by hitting "ENTER" on my keyboard, instead of clicking "Search" with my mouse.

But, I need further information from Google, and I don't know who to ask!

1) How much time will be shaved off from this fraction of a second? Is it a significant amount? Like, a tenth of a second or so?

2) How much time does it take to move my hand from my mouse to the ENTER key on my keyboard? Is that more or less time than I will save by hitting ENTER?

3) How could I best use this time that I will be saving? Could I, like, save it up, and go on vacation, or perhaps retire early?

Enquiring minds want to know....

No comments: