Monday, May 14, 2007

Lady Mocha: Following Up

Posted over at Gangstyle.com, Lady Mocha has a follow-up to her story:


Hey ladies =D

For those of you who dont know me, HI! my names Shanna : )

I thought id share a little bit about my Gang Rape experience, feelings, thoughts and self worth in hope that it will speak of ECOURAGEMENT and HOPE to you all =D

2 months and 3 weeks before turning 13 i was gang raped. It was the last thing i ever expected to happen that evening on my way home...

The attack involved 12 strong, aggressive males violently throwing and pinning me to the ground... I was in so much shock and disbelief i started finding it hard to breathe... Everything was mute... A thousand thoughts running through my head... Numbed by what was taking place i layed there totally helpless and powerless and endured 4 hours of being violently raped.

After the attack I was no longer that confident happy go lucky chick... No longer cracking jokes and laughing with my friends and family... I secluded myself from everyone and everything... Fear, doubt and negativity flooded my mind, heart, soul and spirit...

Ladies, for 3 years, i suffered in silence and slowly, i found myself sinking further into that dark and lonely hole where nothing else exists except hurt, anger, fear, pain, loneliness and depression.

When i finally built up the courage to tell someone, and work with them in helping me move on and moving forward, you wont believe the amount of weight that was lifted off my shoulders... Ladies, i could breathe again... and it felt so good...

You have got so much to live for... so much to look forward too... Dont let Fear and Doubt stop you from living a good healthy happy and prosperous life =D

So here are my little words of enouragement and hope to you =D

My Dear Friend

Find the courage within yourself to reach out to someone for help... There are so many loving and patient caring people with open arms that are willing to help heal and mend your broken heart and your emotionally wounded soul... And as you take their hand, watch as your life starts to transform... Take shape...You have so much to live for =D Dont let fear and doubt rule your life... Step out in faith and believe with all your heart that your healing and miracle is just around the Corner... and Ladies?

"LET NO ONES THOUGHTS,WORDS OR JUDGEMENT DEFINE WHO YOU ARE!!!"

You are unique and special in your own way... there is only one of you... So show the world what you can do =D

i'd like to end my piece with the last four lines i want to quote from a poem i wrote about my gang rape experience... It Reads:

"the G members think
they stripped me of eveything
HUH,they only stripped me of my clothes
I STILL HAVE MY DIGNITY!!!"


I believe in you Ladies! God IS always with you...

Come on Ladies =D


~ YOU CAN DO IT ~ =D


God bless you, Shanna! I'm proud of you!


By the way -- it seems to me the original post that she left at Gangstyle.com on the message boards about two years ago had the title "My Gang Rape", and that's kind of how she's addressing it here, not as otherwise entitled, "My Date Rape".

No comments: